Welcome to Indoor MAX - Preview of Champions!
Marching Arts Experience (MAX) exists to enhance the performance capabilities of the performer for today, and beyond. Indoor MAX - Preview of Champions is our kickoff event to the CSBC Indoor Percussion and Winds Season. MAX - Preview of Champions provides an opportunity for you to experience valuable insights and growth at no extra fee to your regular season registration! We’re thrilled for your interest and look forward to seeing you and your performers on ‘the floor’. If you are interested in winter guard offerings, see the FAQs below!
What to Expect
We want you and your performers to feel prepared and comfortable with what to expect at Indoor MAX. Here’s a breakdown of events:
- Show/clinic schedule will be made available via our events page at: http://www.calstatebandchamps.org/
- Each ensemble will perform a first run through of your 2023 Winter program for clinicians and spectators.
- All three clinicians will begin working with your ensemble for up to 30 minutes. After which time, the ensemble will have one more, adjudicated run through of their show.
- Adjudication is provided by a separate panel.
- There are no awards at this show, so when you are finished with your session/second performance run through, you are free to observe other groups, or depart the show site.
- Scoring and commentary will be provided via Competition Suite as per usual at CSBC events.
- There will not be a judges dialogue at this event.
- Is this a whole day commitment? No. You’ll leave with a fantastic clinician experience, commentaries from your adjudication panel, and an energized launch pad into the season. Unlike a normal show, there is not an awards ceremony. The focus of the day is on education and ensemble development.
- Are there sessions for the kids and instructors independently? No. The entire ensemble will remain a unit, including staff, for the clinic.
- Does the group participate in one clinic with the three clinicians? Yes.
- Do we have to do the show portion? Yes. Even if it is a very short portion! Bring what you have and let the performers grow and apply what they learn to the remainder of their program as you build.
- What is the total clinic/performance time frame? Approximately 40 minutes, including the clinic.
- When does registration close? Indoor MAX registration closes 2 weeks prior to the event on Saturday, January 21, 2023.
- Where can I get more information? Contact [email protected]. You can also visit our event page at: http://www.calstatebandchamps.org/
- Where can I sign up? https://competitionsuite.com/ You must already have a Competition Suite Account. If you are new to CSBC, please contact Chris Williams first.
- What is the registration fee? The registration fee is $150 per ensemble.
- Do you offer winter guard events? Beginning Sept 2022, CSBC announced a partnership with West Coast Winter Guard (WCWG) to round out stellar event and adjudication offerings to the winter guard community. We could not be more thrilled to have the strength of this team as a part of our CSBC family. Visit their website to learn more and register at https://westcoastwg.org/. For questions, please email the team at [email protected].